Professional, Confidential, and Specialized Services
Pacific Asian Counseling Services (PACS) provides quality mental health and social services to families and individuals in a safe, caring, and confidential manner. The staff is professionally trained and supervised by licensed clinicians. Services are available to all.
Currently there are over 45 distinct ethnic groups that make up the API population with 28 different languages. The major API groups are: Asian Indian, Bangladeshi, Cambodian, Chinese, Filipino, Guamanian, Hmong, Indonesian, Japanese, Korean, Laotian, Malaysian, National Hawaiian, Pakistani, Samoan, Sri Lankan, Thai, Tongan, and Vietnamese. PACS specializes in providing culturally sensitive and linguistically appropriate services for as many of these groups as possible. In addition, it has a small but growing number of bilingual Spanish staff.
Depending on staffing, our language capacity usually includes:
- Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin)
If you have a language need, please let us know at the time you call so we can assist you with the appropriate bilingual staff member.
Areas of Service Counseling
Individual, couple, family and group counseling are offered to assist clients in:
- Addressing mental health issues such as depression, anxiety, etc.
- Psychiatric consultation and medication support for ongoing clients
- School related concerns such as disruptive classroom behavior, ADHD, etc.
- Co-occurring substance abuse and mental health issues
- Trauma recovery
- Grief and bereavement issues
- Improving interpersonal communication
- Bridging the cultural and generational gap in families
- Conflict resolution
- Adjusting to situational stress from divorce, job loss, relocation, etc.
“I really like the PACS (formerly known as WRAP). It keep me off the streets and help me with school work. The workers that work here are very nice.” Elementary school child
Clients are provided with individualized case management services to assist them in accessing and interfacing with needed resources such as:
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) – Assistance to clients and their families who are enrolling or appealing eligibility for SSI benefits.
- Schools – Assistance to monolingual and limited English speaking parents to communicate with school personnel about their child.
- Assistance to enroll in low cost insurance programs such as Healthy Famililes and Healthy Kids.
- Vocational services – Assistance in the preparation for employment, GED and/or post employment services.
- Linkage to immigration and legal services
- Provide translation services and interpreters for PACS’ monolingual and limited English speaking clients.
After Hours Response for People in Crisis
After hours, a therapist is available by phone for PACS clients in crisis. Immediate on-site services for these types of calls can not be provided.
Return to Top